Take Your Colorado Concealed Carry Course at Adiga Armory!
Adiga Armory instructors are seasoned concealed carry experts, NRA-certified firearms instructors and military veterans. Our course curricula has been developed and refined through many years of experience in the shooting industry. Therefore, you can rest assured that you are receiving the best training available.
Colorado is a “shall issue” state, meaning that as long as you are not disqualified for current or prior unlawful behavior, you “shall” be issued a permit. One of the requirements for obtaining a CO concealed carry permit is attending a firearms training course in person [virtual or web-based courses are not valid]. The state only issues permits to CO residents who must submit their application through the county sheriff’s office of their county of residence.
New Colorado residents and out-of-state transplants have a 90-day grace period [CRS 18-12-213 (1-A-II)] in which the state will honor their old, out-of-state permit. This coincides with the statutory requirement that the sheriff has 90-days to issue you a CO permit or provide a legitimate reason for denial. The 90-day grace period begins on the date of issue of your new CO state driver license or state ID.
Live-fire is not required in Colorado, nor is there any kind of test you have to pass. The main requirements are that the concealed carry course is taught by a “certified firearms instructor” [such as Adiga Armory instructors], that it is completed no more than 10-years before applying for the permit, and that it be conducted in person.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR THE COURSE:
- Check the schedule for course dates and locations
- Submit a reservation online
- Military, veterans and spouses read this page for discount info
- IMPORTANT: After you submit a reservation, we will send you an email invoice to pay for your course, you must pay the invoice within 24-hours to avoid automatic cancellation of your reservation.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS:
- Valid state-issued ID [REQUIRED]
- Military and vets bring proof of honorable service for discount [CAC, VHIC, NGB22 or DD214]. Military spouses bring spouse military ID card for discount if not accompanied by the veteran
- Pen and notebook
- Drinks with screw-on lids
- Snacks to eat during breaks
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
$45.00/Person for single state or $75 for CO + UT course.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE ADIGA ARMORY COLORADO CFP COURSE?
- A comprehensive 4-hour Concealed Carry firearms lesson, including:
- a full breakdown of critical laws and regulations that you need to comply with when carrying
- a full breakdown of the CFP application process and requirements
- instruction on gun/ammo selection, carry accessories and weapon cleaning/maintenance
- instruction on gun safety, shooting positions, active shooter response, room clearing risks, and more
- A stamped and signed course certificate for your CFP application packet
- Phone and online support for assistance during your application process
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN OUR COURSE?
- Photos: Your photo will be taken at the sheriff’s office when you submit your application.
- Fingerprints: Your prints will be taken at the sheriff’s office when you submit your application.
- Submitting your application: We will give you all of the info you need to succeed, but you must submit your own application materials to the sheriff’s office.
- Application Fees: The sheriff’s office will charge an application fee for processing your CFP application. That fee is not included in your course fee and must be paid directly to the sheriff’s office.
NO SHOOTING TEST REQUIRED:
We do not do a shooting test in our Colorado CFP courses for the following reasons:
- It is not required by current Colorado law
- It would nearly double the price of your course without adding any real training value
- It takes a lot more than firing a magazine or two to become proficient with your weapon; you must take responsibility for your own skill level and gain proficiency before carrying in public [see the Handgun Fundamentals Course or Private Lessons]
WHAT AREAS DO WE SERVE?
- Northern Colorado
- Fort Collins
- Southeast Wyoming